7.17. How do I setup the Email system to use my Office 365 account
The following information is used to setup the internal email system to use your Office 365 Account.
To set up the Star Bill of Lading System to send bills via email you must perform the following setup first.
From the Main screen, click on Setup, then Displayed Options/Fields.
This will display the different setup options available. Under the Display Settings tab, put a check mark in the box that states - Display Email BOL Button.
Then click on the Tab above that states - System Settings and be sure to select the Use SSL Auth to Send Emails.
Then close this screen.
From the Main screen, click Setup, then Email System Setup.
This will display the Email Configuration Setup screen. You need to fill in the fields displayed on the screen with your information.
Here are the fields.
- From Name: - This is your name or Company name as it will be listed in the email.
- From Email Address: This is your email address.
- Email Reply-To Email Address: This is the email address you want recipients to reply to.
- Email Account User Name: This is the email account User Name. This you should be your Office 365 email address.
- Account Password: This is the password associated with your User Name assigned to you.
- SMTP Address: This is your SMTP server address from gmail - use smtp.office365.com. Also, the port should be 587.
After filling out this information, this will unlock the system to allow you to send the bills via email. The emails are sent after you click the Print button to print.
When you want to send the bill via email, just click print for the BOL, then press the Email button. You will be prompted for the email address to send it to. That is about all there is to it.